Website design isn’t magic! I’m going to need some information from you before I can start creating your website. To make things easier, I’ve put a list together for you.
I’ve created an introduction to websites that covers the basics of websites and what the terms mean. If you are new to web design or the internet, then I’d suggest you read this first.
Website Address & Email
- Do you already have a domain name?
- Do you need hosting?
- Will you want email addresses associated with your domain name? If so, how many?
- What name does your business trade under?
- Is it a Limited Company? If so, I’ll need your Company Registration Number and Address for the website.
- What telephone number would you like on the website?
- What email address would you like enquiries sent to?
- How long have you been trading?
- Do you have a logo? If so, please send it to me.
- Do you have brand colours? If not, do you have colours you would like me to use?
- Does the business have a ‘tag line’ or an ‘elevator pitch’?
- Do you have images you’ve used before that you’d like me to use?
- Do you have a photo of the main people for the website? People like to see who they will be dealing with so this is almost essential.
- Are you insured? If so, who with? Let me have their website address.
- Are you a member of a professional body? If so, let me have details along with a website address.
- Do you have any words or content you would like me to include on the website?
- What are you selling?
- Do you want the prices on the website?
- Do you have a description of the product/services?
- Will people pay via the website?
- Do you have any testimonials I can add to the website?
What’s Included in a Basic Website Design?
To give you an understanding of what website will be, a simple website will have:
- Home PageAbout Page – about you, your company, it’s history and why you do what you do
- ContactServices/Products – there may be more than one page for these, depending on what you do.
- FAQs – you might want to have a page dedicated to frequently asked questions. If so, let me have them.
- Articles – if you are going to write articles for your website then I’ll create a link for you.
- Shop – if you are selling things and taking payments on your website.
The list is a guide to the information I’ll need to create your website. We’ll work together on this and, if you don’t have some of the things, such as images, then I can source those for you.
The most important thing throughout the whole process is that you are happy. Please don’t be afraid to tell me if you don’t like something. I’ll make as many changes as needed until you have a website you’ll be proud of.
Contact me on 07887 533845 or via the Contact Form for a free, no obligation discussion about your website.